Monday, July 16, 2018

moving a machine

Assalamualaikum everyone!

In this post, I want to talk about driving! My story though, not tips or anything.. just my experience.

Well, I took my driver's license test years ago but I failed at the veeerrryyy beginning and then I just got demotivated, so I stopped. Heh. Almost everyone was questioning and was upset.. but oh well, it happened. Anyway, so fast forward to now, I'm currently taking the test again since I have free time.

So my mother found me a tutor and on the first day, of course, I was required to sit for a 6-hour class about driving. I met a lovely girl and we immediately became friends! Haha. After that's done, I asked my tutor to set a date for my computer test. Honestly, I'm someone who needs to study and so I did. Haha! I read the textbook and try to comprehend everything. I sat for the test and thankfully I passed! Got my L license after that, which means I can start driving the car with my tutor around/in the circuit.

Now moving on to the real driving. Well, first, I had to learn about the RPK (Rutin Pemeriksaan Kenderaan) and RSM (Rutin Sebelum Memandu). I watched the videos on YouTube and later my tutor taught me what are the important things I need to remember and do when I undergo the test. Soon, he taught me the basics of driving, which are about the clutch, gear, gas, brake. Being somewhat an ignorant person, I have never, ever knew nor understood about driving a manual car until I learnt about it. So yeah, that was the first time I understood the mechanics of driving.

It was difficult at first because the engine kept.... dying? What's a correct word for that? Haha! I meant to say 'mati enjin' lol. But after much encouragement and tips from my tutor, I practiced more and I finally got the hang of it! However, I still make that mistake sometimes. Anyway, the first time I knew how to handle it, my tutor told me to drive home with him by my side!!! OMG. I was so nervous but he guided me well, telling me when to change the gear and reminding me about being aware of the surrounding.

I'm so grateful because he really taught me well and I enjoyed his method of teaching. He gives you real life examples and he explains things really well. Anyway, I kept going for the lessons every couple of days or so. Learnt how to drive at the S course, Tiga Penjuru, Z course, side parking and going up the hill. I learnt all these in two weeks! I still need to practice and get used to them. To be honest, I just learnt the side parking today. Haha! And I finally understood and could go up the hill with minimal guidance. I really do hope I can advance further and take QTI. I hope I will pass the QTI and then I can schedule for a JPJ test. Honestly, I can't wait to finish this!

Once I'm done, hopefully I'll get to drive around town HAHAHAH. I'm just kidding man. I don't even know what I'll do next. Ooooh, I would still have a P license for two years though. Huhhh.

Anyway, to those of you who are going to take their driver's license, all the best! Just know that you can do this, and never give up. Even if you feel like giving up, remember why you want to do this. Also I kept telling myself, "be the car. I am the car." hahahah. Please pray that I'll pass my test and I pray the same for you too. :)

Thanks for reading until the end, if you did! I might write another post when I finally get it done.

xoxo,
Zue.

No comments: