Saturday, July 19, 2014

the joy of travelling

Assalamualaikum. :)

Today's post is going to be about travelling! Well, I grew up in Sabah but my parents are from the Peninsular. Their hometowns are about four to five states apart. So can you imagine how much travelling it took?

So my mother's Chinese and my father's Malay. Not much of an argument on which hometown to visit that year and such because, well, Chinese New Year we go to my mother's hometown while for Hari Raya Aidilfitri to my father's. As simple as that! Haha. Although sometimes we do celebrate them in Sabah and invite our friends over.

Anyway, so growing up, I have been travelling a lot. I started to pay attention to where I went when I was about fourteen, if I'm not mistaken. I wanted to know where we were going, why, for how long, etc. It was so much fun, especially the part where sometimes we had to stay in different hotels. Oh man, the breakfast at hotels are the best! Too bad sometimes I'd get lazy to wake up early in the morning so my other siblings went instead.

In 2011, my parents and I, along with my younger brother and my older sister who is above me, went on a trip all around the Peninsular. We spent about a day or two in each state and it was so much fun! The journey started at Perlis, down to Penang and Kedah. Afterwards we headed into Perak and then Kelantan. From there we drove down to Terengganu, Pahang then Johor. We even did a little detour into Singapore for several hours. So, Johor again, up to Melaka then Negeri Sembilan. We finished our journey in Selangor... or KL. HAHA.

That was the craziest trip ever. So as you can tell, over the years, my interest in travelling have grown. I have visited some museums, historical places, amazing beaches, wonderful food, friendly eh? people and ahhh. EVERYTHING. Haha! There are still few places that I have been dreaming to go to! I truly hope that someday, I don't mind with who, I'll be able to go to those places.

First up in the list is Legoland in Johor. This is a must! Another is Cameron Highlands. Believe it or not, I have never been there.. oh, and Fraser Hill too. Then there's Kuching, Sarawak. I have been into Sarawak, while we were driving from Sabah through Sarawak to get to Brunei. But Kuching? Never! So, yeah. Those are the places I really, really want to visit. I know it's only in Malaysia but I don't see the point of travelling outside of Malaysia before really exploring my own country.

Thanks for reading, if you did! :) In sha Allah, someday I would love to bring my husband and our children on a trip all around Malaysia. I want them to see the beauty of our own country. There's nothing like home. Also it would be interesting to take the car, taxi, bus, plane or train to different places. See, it's just so much fun travelling. Although it might cost a lot, the experience you get is priceless.

Fi hifzillah.

No comments: