Thursday, May 22, 2014

Crazy Japanese Childhood

OMG ANOTHER BLOG POST! HAHAHAHAH.

Okay so I've been wondering a lot about what happened during my childhood. Some people played with their friends everyday, play computer games, had piano lessons, etc. Most of them actually remember what they did. Like, "ooh when I was 10 I was so addicted to this cartoon on tv." and stuff. Then I just thought..... what was I doing when I was 10? o_o

So I started using the computer since I was like, maybe 7 or 8? I have siblings who are about 10 years older than me so I was exposed to teenage craze at that time. My brother liked Utada Hikaru. I've listened to almost all her songs and I know them. I have no idea what she's singing but I know the songs. First song I got to know was First Love. It was a beautiful song and yeah.. Next was Mirai E by Kiroro. Everyone was crazy about the song. I think I memorise it but not the exact words.

I guess my childhood had a lot of Japanese influence, eh? My sister loved Tomoya Nagase. I was hooked too. I JUST listened to two of his songs and it brings back so much memories. They're Hitoribocchi no Haburashi and Omae Ya Nai To Akkanen. Such meaningful songs. Omae Ya Nai To Akkanen has a beautiful message and it's a beautiful song. I actually teared up listening to it.

Anyway, so, uhm. When I was 10 it was all about Naruto. We actually have CDs (or DVD?) with all the episodes. Up until 100++ or so. It was crazy. I watched but I didn't understand a thing. Hey, I was 10! All I know was baka. hahahah. So yeah. Oh, there was also Bleach and Full Metal Panic. Fumoffu! Hahah. I remember sitting in front of the computer with a container of chocolate chip cookies, watching FMP. It was so cool.

Soon, my sister got addicted to UVERworld and bam! I know their songs too and probably memorise them. Hm. That was when I was 11. I guess my whole childhood, I've been influence with Japanese stuff! Although I'm not addicted to them, it's the people surrounding me who actually shaped my childhood. Haha! I wasn't a crazy fan of Japanese stuff but that was what's right in front of me so I took it. Just for the sake of entertainment.

Everything changed when I was 12. Dafi was the love of my life. Then at 13, I got to know David Archuleta. Stayed loyal until now. Heh. Though I must say that I liked others too but not as much as I like David. Like, One Direction, Demi Lovato, etc. I enjoy them. :) I was like, so into Western music because that's all David ever talks about. Hahah. Oh, during Foundation, I was brainwashed with Korean stuff. Huh.

Now that's a long post about my childhood! Wait, there's more. Before I entered primary school. When I was 3 or 4... I loved Westlife, Backstreet Boys, The Moffatts, 911, N*Sync, S Club 7, M2M, The Corrs. Whoa. Yep, that was me. I guess I had a lot of English influence since I was a toddler. Hm. Lucky me. :)

Okay, wow. It's 2am already. I should hit the hay! Alhamdulillah for everything. I guess me growing up wasn't that bad at all. Though I've never climbed a tree until I was 16. Heh. Alright. I hope by reading this post, you'll be able to get to know me more. ;)

Fi hifzillah.
Assalamualaikum.

No comments: